Wow. Wow. Wow. Our brains are truly incredible. The Intent Blog is not one I check every day, but I can always count on a great article from the online journal. Today’s was no exception.
I happened across “How to Inspire Your Brain,” and I was drawn to the link. Deepak Chopra talks about his new book, Super Brain: Unleashing the Explosive Power of Your Mind to Maximize Health, Happiness, and Spiritual Well-being, and writes a short piece covering some of his and his coauthor’s main points.
Basically, for those of us who are familiar with neuroplasticity, the rigid and degenerate brain of the past is long gone. We are learning that what we put into our brain, our thoughts and nutrients, can largely effect the health of our brain and even create new neuro-pathways. We have the power to change our personality, our fears, and our health.
Some of the authors’ recommendations for maintaining a healthy brain, or the Matrix for a Positive Lifestyle:
- Have good friends.
- Don’t isolate yourself.
- Sustain a lifelong companionship with a spouse or partner.
- Engage socially in worthwhile projects.
- Be close with people who have a good lifestyle – habits are contagious.
- Follow a purpose in life.
- Leave time for play and relaxation.
- Address issues around anger.
- Practice stress management.
- Deal with the reactive mind’s harmful effects: When you have a negative reaction, stop, stand back, take a few deep breaths, and observe how you’re feeling.
The mind has the control. Use it wisely.