Inspired by Jennifer Pastiloff’s Rules to Live By
Rules to live by (in no order):
1. Do only that which inspires you.
2. Be with people who believe in you.
3. Never settle.
4. Follow your dreams.
5. Make time for you.
6. Celebrate the successes of others.
7. Eat to live, don’t live to eat.
8. Be kind.
9. Hold the door open.
10. Say “please” and “thank you.”
11. Smile with your eyes.
12. Be giving, but give to yourself in balance.
13. Read…Deepak Chopra, Wayne Dyer, Louise Hay…
14. Release yourself from draining obligations.
15. Be open to all types.
16. Be tolerant of everyone.
17. Don’t stifle your emotions. If you need to yell, do it! It will release the feeling. Otherwise it will find a place to hide in your body. Sometimes I just need to slam a door.
18. Laugh until it aches.
19. Get out in nature daily.
20. Shut down your “accessories” for at least an hour a day.
21. Have a reset period where you leave your cell phone behind.
22. Dress up.
23. Use aromatherapy.
25. Trust freely.
26. Be warm in winter, be light in summer.
27. Cherish each day.
28. Celebrate your health.
29. Give gratitude abundantly.
30. Sleep well.
32. Keep a dream journal…this is fascinating.
33. Forgive yourself, and your parents. A grudge doesn’t solve anything.
34. Sometimes you need silence.
35. Create a soundtrack to your life.
36. Set goals, intentions.
37. Dream big.
38. Guilt is a wasted emotion.
39. No education is ever wasted.
What are your rules to live by?